Sunday, November 6, 2011

Zed one-pager

Been working on this for a bit now. You'll need some knowledge of Zardoz the movie to know what's going on and why what's being said is being said. I plan on changing the 3rd panel soon as it bores me and I have another idea for it. Will post again once it's done.
I got the idea from a friend who was doing a 5 page sequel to an old exploitation movie. Each page was to tell an entire scene as well as be an experiment in using more panels than a typical modern day comic. So with that idea I did a Zardoz prequel. What can I say. That movie preys on my mind. I even bought the novelization recently. Hopefully with this I have finally exorcised it from my fragile psyche.

3 comments:

  1. I am in AWE!!!!!! I see influences of Blueberry, and many european artist. I'm just mesmerized by the line work. And that transition is as slick as a goose grease. Your leaving hobbist and are a step away from a Pro!!!!

    Great Job! Caio Jon E

    ReplyDelete
  2. what Jon E said, keep it up...not that far behind ya...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checked out the link to the Zardoz youtube. And I am now even more impressed than I was before.
    "Damn, damn damn!" [Sound of a crashing punch bowl] "It gonna be alright Mama." (Imagine me doing my best Good Times impression) LOL
    Seriously can't wait for more...

    And Leon keep pushing killer. Once Tom moves in we might be on the same road as you guys. I plan on drawing more in january. Once this part of my book is done. Peace Fellas Jon E

    ReplyDelete