Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sabra

Here's Marvel's Sabra:
I only know her from The Contest of Champions and a few appearances from both Bill Mantlo and Peter David's Hulk runs. This is her first appearance look, I think.

I found a Rom the Spaceknight blog that featured some of my Rom sketches (I love Rom. Rommy Rommy Rom). Even a colored version of one of my Rom sketches. Well, the guy who runs the blog is a big Bill Mantlo fan (as am I). And thus, also a big Sabra fan as Bill and Sal Buscema created her. So I wanted too draw her for this guy who runs the site as a thank you for liking my stuff.

Can't remember too much about Sabra. She's an Israeli Superhero Mutant. She didn't have a gun back in her early appearances but it's part of her new look now. So I added it because cool. My Star of David could use some work. But I love her huge fro and that furry cape.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that bushy head of hair you drew Sabra with is what we call a Jew fro. I noticed that you became a recent follower on the Rom blog and I'm glad to see that you didn't mind at all me using your sketches on it. as for this Sabra piece I'm sure we'll find a nice spot for it on an upcoming posting. I just happened to come across it by chance here so next time how about a heads up huh?

    ReplyDelete