Monday, February 13, 2012

Rough layouts of a new project

These are rough pencils done on the Wacom (I do nearly everything on the Wacom nowadays). I'm working on an eight pager that's the first chapter of an ongoing comic (or web comic) I'm developing. Roughs, for me, is where I decide on the panel layout and position the figures and backgrounds where I like. After the roughs I make a new layer that'll be the pencils proper. Details and shading. After that an additional layer for the inks. After that I'll add text and maybe some effects if it's warranted.
Here's page 1 followed by page 5.





















I was getting complaints for not posting anything recently but I was working on this (and another short that I'll do after these eight pages are done).

There are still two more Favorite Mutants on the way though. My top two as it were.

1 comment:

  1. On going huh? Nice, nice...I like the layouts and how it's developing. Some nice action going on. Can't wait to see more...

    ReplyDelete