Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mary Shelly Agent of F.R.A.N.K.E.N.S.T.E.I.N.


This is something I'm working on in my brains. I'm a big fan of Mary Shelly's Frankenstein and in Mary Shelly herself. She led a fascinating bohemian life amongst fascinating people and contributed much to the world through her tireless advocacy of her great love Percy Shelly as well as her great work "Frankenstein: The Modern Prometheus." I'm ditching most of that and making her into a Georgian era steampunk super spy. Or something. Coming up with what exactly that acronym stands for should be fun. I inked Franky back there almost entirely with a brush pen (Copic) and it came out all right. Also, steampunk Mary has a long neck.

4 comments:

  1. With a neck like that, she needs to be concerned about Dracula! No but really folks... I like her elongated body; it really emphasizes the monster's hulkiness. I love that she's completely hidden behind him! Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That I think is my favorite one. I mean I love them all, but this one is special.
    You are sooooooooooo talented. Can't wait to see your upcoming work. I wish I had the kind of talent that you were blessed with.
    KH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea for Mary Shelley. She was a totally cool broad! Are you going to actually create the comic for her? I think it's a rad idea.

    ReplyDelete