Friday, March 19, 2010

White Queen


Did this last night. Wanted something new for the blog. I'll be out of town next week so no new stuff till the following week. I will have my sketchbook with me and hopefully there will be new sketches. This is my version of Frank Quitely's version of the White Queen. I'm a big fan of Frank Quitely (not his real name quite frankly). I started by sketching random female figure number eight billion seven hundred thirty-three thousand nine hundred and fifty nine in the series (my favorite subject) and a friend in the same room said it looked like Emma Frost the White Queen. So I went, "hm," found reference for her costume, and went to town. Not too shabby. Better next time.

2 comments:

  1. she's GORGEOUS!!!! The finished product looks utterly bad ass.

    Have a fun trip!

    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing. Are you sure you don't work for Pixar or one of those famous animation companies. If you don't you sure should be.
    Where you going?

    KH

    ReplyDelete